Posted in Events, Richland on February 4, 2016 |
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College and FirstEnergy will be holding a joint Information Session on the Electric Utility Technology program for interested individuals. The session will take place in the College’s Richland Campus Auditorium, at 101 Community College Way in Johnstown. This information session will take place on Saturday, February 13th, beginning at 10am.
This session will cover the details of the College’s Electric Utility Technology program, which will prepare students for a career in the electric utility industry. This program will include curriculum from FirstEnergy’s award-winning Power Systems Institute (PSI). For details on the Power Systems Institute, please visit www.firstenergy.com/psi.
Students who successfully complete the program will earn an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Electric Utility Technology. Financial Aid is available for qualified students.
For additional information on this career path or other opportunities, please contact the Admissions Office at 814.262.6446 or email@example.com.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Community, Events, Richland on January 28, 2016 |
As a military friendly school, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College prides itself on its services for both active military personnel and veterans. To further these efforts, Pennsylvania Highlands will be hosting the Veterans Leadership Program of Western PA on Thursday, February 4th, for a two-part presentation in the Richland Campus LGI room. The presentation will consist of the following:
- 11am – 12pm (noon): VLP representatives, Leah Kurz and Robin Rectenwald, will provide training for college career center professionals from neighboring colleges and universities to better counsel military veterans in the effective transfer and communication of their military skills for civilian employment opportunities.
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: VLP experts will discuss effective resume writing techniques during “Military Veteran Coffee Hour” for military veterans to best showcase their military experience for potential civilian employers. VLP and College staff will be on-hand afterward to review individual resumes of military veterans. This session is open to all regional military veterans at no cost.
For additional information or to learn more about attending, please contact the College’s Career Services at 814.262.3850 or CareerServices@pennhighlands.edu.
About Pennsylvania Highlands Community College
Since 1994, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College has served over 52,000 community members throughout the Southern Alleghenies region and beyond. Offering over 30 degree, certificate and diploma programs Penn Highlands has the highest graduation rate of all community colleges in Pennsylvania. Our nationally accredited dual enrollment program is one of only two such accredited programs in the state and is the foundation of our innovative associates in the high school program. Workforce and continuing education programs round out our diverse offerings, making Pennsylvania Highlands your choice for a quality and affordable education. For more information, please call 1.888.385.PEAK or visit www.pennhighlands.edu.
About Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania
Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania, Inc., an independent, nonprofit agency founded in 1982, provides essential housing, employment, and vital support services to local veterans, service members, and their families with the goal of improving their self-sufficiency, sustainability, and quality of life. Each year, VLP serves more than 2,500 veterans and their families through our programs. VLP operates two of the nation’s most effective veteran employment programs that place veterans in meaningful jobs and is one of the largest providers of subsidized transitional- and permanent- housing to Veterans and their families in western Pennsylvania. For more information, please call 412.481.8200 or visit www.NeverForgetVets.org.
Read Full Post »
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College will be hosting two college-wide open houses this February and April; one on Thursday, February 4th, and one on Monday, April 4th. Both open houses will occur from 5pm to 8pm at each of our five locations: Blair Center, Ebensburg Center, Huntingdon Center, Richland Campus, and Somerset Center.
Individuals that attend one of these events will gain insight on the educational possibilities being offered, including our outstanding degree programs, transfer options, and opportunities for continuing education. Information on student life, including clubs and activities, will also be available. All guests will be able to speak with College representatives regarding their future educational goals.
Pennsylvania Highlands has been serving community members for over 20 years with quality and affordable academic options, including degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
To learn more about Pennsylvania Highlands, visit either of our open houses on February 4th or April 4th, at one of our facilities:
For additional information, contact any of the College’s locations directly or call us toll-free at 1.888.385.PEAK. You can also find Pennsylvania Highlands online at http://www.pennhighlands.edu.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Community, Events, Richland on November 10, 2015 |
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College will host a free public viewing of the film “The Hunting Ground” on Tuesday, November 17th, at 12:30 pm in the Richland Campus Auditorium. The film, which presents several students who discuss being sexually assaulted at their college campus and their experience in reporting these assaults to college administrators, is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes long.
Slate reported that the film “has received nearly universal acclaim from critics,” and is a “documentary… whose influence continues to grow.” The Washington Post called it “lucid,” “infuriating,” and “galvanizing.”
While the film has been labeled by some as controversial, it provides an opportunity to open the door for increased discussion on prevention and ways the whole community can stand up against victim blaming and the failure of those in charge to act responsibly.
This film presentation is free and open to the public, and is being hosted by Pennsylvania Highlands Community College and Victim Services, Incorporated. The screening will take place in the Richland Campus Auditorium, at 101 Community College Way in Johnstown, PA.
Staff members from Victim Services will be in attendance to assist anyone who may experience any traumatic response to the film. Please keep in mind that there is no food or drink permitted in the College’s auditorium and that free parking is available.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Community, Events, Richland on November 9, 2015 |
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College will be holding an information session for individuals interested in the College’s Veterinary Assistant program. The session will take place in the Large Group Instruction (LGI) room, located in the Workforce Education Center, on the College’s Richland Campus. This information session will take place on Thursday, December 10th, beginning at 6pm.
This session will cover the details of the Veterinary Assistant program, including all of the topics discussed in class, clinical objectives, and more. Instructor, and retired veterinarian, Dr. Regina Allen will be on-hand to provide an overview of the program and to answer any questions individuals might have. Dr. Fayez Assad of the Johnstown Veterinary Associates, an American Animal Hospital Association Accredited practice, will provide information on the clinical portion of the Veterinary Assistant program.
Veterinary Assistant classes will be offered in the spring of 2016, and will cost $750. Those interested in registering for classes are highly encouraged to attend this information session. This session will cover the various payment options to get you started on this exciting new career.
This event is open to the public. If you have any questions or would like to register for the information session, please contact Continuing Education at 814.262.3815 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Community, Events, Somerset on November 2, 2015 |
The Pennsylvania Highlands Community College Somerset Center will be holding a combined open house with Conemaugh Allied Health on Monday, November 9th, from 6pm to 7:30pm. This open house will be held at the College’s Somerset Center, in the Georgian Place, Somerset.
Individuals attending will have the opportunity to speak with representatives from both organizations. If you are interested in a Conemaugh Health program or simply earning your college degree, this event is the perfect place for you to begin and get any questions answered.
To learn more about Pennsylvania Highlands Somerset, or this event, please contact the Center at 814.443.2500, 1.888.385.PEAK, or email@example.com. Pennsylvania Highlands is also online at http://www.pennhighlands.edu.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College has been serving community members for over 20 years with quality and affordable academic options, including degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Community, Events, Richland on October 8, 2015 |
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is celebrating the fall season by planning several free events open to the public, including students, faculty, and staff, and members of the community. All events will be held on the College’s Richland Campus at 101 Community College Way, and will include the following:
- Monday, October 26, from 6pm to 7:30pm: A community trick or treat will be held throughout the Richland Campus for children 12 and under. This will be combined with fall games and crafts for the children, and a haunted hallway
- Tuesday, October 27, 12:30pm to 2pm: Held in the Cyber Lounge, a themed murder mystery, “A Spooky Hollow Horror” will occur. The grand celebration of the new owner has been overshadowed by the spine-chilling murder of one of the guests. Since everyone is a suspect, this ghoulish gang is out for an afternoon of fright and horror! All guests will have fun playing their unique characters and investigating this unpredictable outcome. Contact Jake Goch to register at 814.262.6486 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, October 28, from 1pm to 3pm: Want to star in your own short Halloween horror movie? It only takes 10 minutes. The Media Production Club wants to give you the title role in the blockbuster hit “School of the Damned!” Your character will be thrown into the terrifying Zombie Pit (the courtyard) to battle and live to see another day. How will it end? The choice is yours! And, don’t forget to watch the credits for the bonus post-credits scene. This black and white horror extravaganza comes complete with full production and your name in the credits, and the Club will provide you with a electronic copy of your masterpiece. A $5 donation to the Media Production Club would be accepted to help fund future projects. Schedule your appointment with stardom by emailing Glenn Barbis at email@example.com.
- Friday, October 30, from 12:30pm to 2pm: Held in the Cyber Lounge, the second annual reading of select works by Edgar Allen Poe will be done by students. Works include “The Raven”, “The Cask of Amontillado”, and others. Come and join us for an afternoon of eerie literary fun listening to some of Poe’s psychological thrillers! For die hard Poe fans, feel free to come dressed in your best 1840s period attire.
Further details on any of the events can be obtained by contacting Pennsylvania Highlands Community College Student Activities at 814.262.6463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Full Post »